Second generation, direct successor of the 12WKT model.
Belonging to the Prestige series this unit comes in the Woodwind casing. It is fully hand-crafted, carefully finished product. We apply the point-to-point assembly, with no printed circuit boards (except the remote control module).
Warm, round and transparent sound. Efficient low frequency range. Designed for small and medium rooms. The best results in a set with high sensitivity speakers.
The most important features in the second generation:
- Apple TV remote control for volume changing in standard (a spherical remote control Prestige RCX is still available optionally)
- higher quality tube sockets in preamplifier module for better contact and increasing the ease of tubes assembly
- new polished stainless steel feet with a rubber oval anti-vibration and non-slip element
- Polish capacitors branded by Miflex in the audio circuit
- Capacitors branded by JJ in the power supply module
- new rear panel made with aluminium
- higher class of power tubes – Gold Lion /Genalex
- solid, well constructed and versatile transport case
Egg-Shell Prestige 12WKT is a very nice and fully audiophile tube amplifier. Despite rather small output power, it’s a very versatile device, so finding right speakers for it is not a difficult task. I was successful with all models I tried – even those that theoretically shouldn’t work very well with this amp. The founders of the company put their musical passion in the first place, and it can be seen and heard. I can only hope their efforts will be appreciated by audiophiles all over the world.
STANDARD COLOUR VERSIONS